Let’s go to 5-Day market in Goryeong
The 5-Day market in Goryeong is hosted on 4th and 9th of each month and during these days people from this area come to sell various livestock products and herbs.
5-Day market in Goryeong
- (40137) 3gil 29 Daegaya-eup Market, Goryeong-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do
- Size: 9,930㎥ (3,004 pyeong)
- Building Area: 2,493㎥ (754 pyeong)
- Detailed Information: Market Prosperity Committee (054)954-5445
- Market Day
- 4th and 9th (4, 9, 14, 19, 24, 29 of each month) 5 days
- Major Specialties/Produce
- Goryeong Ongmi (premium rice), Deokgok Teukmi (special rice), Ssangnim strawberries, Deokgok tomatoes, Hyangbuja (Cyperus rotundus), Chengung (Cynoglossum officinale), herbal medicines, agriculture/livestock produce (rice, soy beans, hot pepper, stock fish, etc.)
A large market was established on Goryeong-eup market in Joseon Dynasty so grains from Yeongnam inland were transferred through Nakdong River. At the end of Joseon Dynasty, it was moved to the current location by big flood and in 1982; it was improved to modern facility and is managed by the privatization. Especially, the Goryeong beef market is so great; there are approximately 300 business transactions per day. And agricultural products are available at an affordable price such as grains or local products including Jinsang Miin Deokgok special rice.
The Goryeong’s 5-day market is hosted on 4th and 9th of each month and during these days; people from this area come to sell various livestock products and herbs. Among the many herbs that are produced in Goryeong-gun, there are Cyperus rotundus L, which is well known as ‘medicine for women’s disease’ in China and India for endotoxin, deportation, nerve stability, strength enhancement, chronic weakness, indigestion by anxiety and loss of appetite. Local transportation: (bus) get off at the Goryeong Bus terminal station and from the intersection of the police station, it’s only 5 minute walk toward the market, (car) there’s free parking space by the market.
- Travelling from Daegu: Get off at the Goryeong Bus Terminal, and it takes about five minutes to reach the market from the parking lot intersection (Sageori)
- Travelling from Hapcheon/Geochang: Get off at the Chukhyeop Intersection (Sageori), and it is located in one minute’s walk distance